- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Helps readers work through some of the life-molding decisions we all face, addressing questions like Why do we work? and Whats my calling in life?
Graduating college. Landing that first job. Considering a job change-or even a career change. When we find ourselves at such crossroads, it is important to stop and reflect before taking the next step. In Crossroads, author Colin Creel seeks to navigate the murky waters of career and calling by looking at the biblical view of calling, recognizing that each of us is here for a reason, and offering practical guidelines on seizing career opportunities.In addition to the authors thoughts, readers will encounter advice from leaders in business, Christian ministry, the arts, and education. Each chapters "Points to Ponder" encourage readers to go deeper in their thoughts and discussions on the subject of calling and career. Readers are reminded that none of us is here by accident, and there are no accidental occupations. Everyone must pursue the talents and gifts God has afforded them.
I had a lot of drive, determination, and commitment, but I didnt have a lot of insight into things, recalled Stephan Arterburn. If I had been willing to ask those with insight earlier in life, many obstacles would have been much easier. Anyone in his twenties or thirties should know that nearly everyone in their fifties is more than willing to tell others what they know or help them get a start in what theyre doing.
This book comes alongside the reader, sharing what others farther along on the journey have learned and are eager to share with the upcoming generation. Short chapters address the areas of discerning your call, hearing Gods voice, and blooming where youre planted. Within the career section, chapters cover endurance, character, integrity, frugality, mentoring, discipline, skill, humility, weighing your words, family, boundaries and balance. Woven throughout are interviews with seasoned professionals. Each chapter ends with points to ponder which encourage the reader to dig deeper and apply the material in his or her own life.
Crossroads is geared for high school seniors, college students, and those considering a career choice. It is an appropriate gift for graduates. PeggySue Wells, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Vocation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Career Management
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Employment
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Career Management
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Business & Careers >> Employment
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Vocation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction