- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
No. 1 New York Times bestselling author and psychologist Dr. Les Parrott has been featured on Oprah, CBS This Morning, Today, CNN, Fox News, and The View, and in USA Today and the New York Times. Dr. Parrott's books, often coauthored with his wife, Dr. Leslie Parrott, have sold more than three million copies and have been translated into more than thirty languages. He is the creator of three revolutionary relationship assessments: SYMBIS.com, DeepLoveAssessment.com, and Yada.com. Dr. Parrott and his wife, Leslie, live in Seattle with their two sons. Visit LesandLeslie.com.
wjcollier3.wordpress.comCollege Station, TexasAge: 35-44Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Good, but Doesn't Stand Out of the PackJuly 31, 2012wjcollier3.wordpress.comCollege Station, TexasAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4WARNING: This review is rated PG-15 (or something).
Judging by the number of books on the subject, you might come to the conclusion that Christian married couples don't have sex often; and when they do have sex, it is not very satisfying. Every Christian counselor who can hammer out a manuscript wants to help with this perceived problem. I am not saying the books aren't neededÃ¢â¬âI am only saying there are quite a few of them.
Not to be left out, Dr. Les Parrott has written a book devoted to helping men put behind them their misconceptions about sex. Crazy Good Sex (2009, Zondervan) targets "Six Big Sex Myths" (Part Two of the book) that many men have apparently bought into. They are:
* Men Want More Sex Than Women Do
* Sex with the Same Person Gets Boring
* Porn Is Not Addictive
* Size Matters
* The Bible Is Very Clear on Masturbation
* My Sex Drive Is Too Powerful to Control
I will not spend a lot of time on this review. This is not because the book is not very good. It is a fine book. Parrot is plainspoken and deals with the issues in a straight-forward manner. I appreciate that. But rather, because it does not really stand above the fray. The manner in which Parrot addresses some of his topics may be unique to him, but his answers are pretty much the same as most Christian authors, counselors, therapists, psychologists, or psychiatrists. Sex (within marriage) is good. Hang-ups about sex (within marriage) are bad. Couples should communicate more. Husbands should be less concerned about their own enjoyment of sex and more concerned about their wives. The best foreplay is a husband washing dishes or vacuuming the carpet.
I am not saying you should not get or read this book. In fact, if this is an area of struggle for you as a married couple, perhaps this is the book that will be of most help to you. I am saying it is not that different than many other books to help married Christians - and other married couples - with their sex lives.
Jennifer Goodwin5 Stars Out Of 5June 12, 2009Jennifer GoodwinThis book is written by a man for a man. Explains all the ways a woman is wired, and puts to rest some myths about sex.
Seth Addison5 Stars Out Of 5March 16, 2009Seth AddisonFinally, a book for men about sex that talks about real-world sexuality and real issues which men face today. And despite the fact that it's written by a university professor who teaches and does research on these subjects, Parrott's wring style is perfect for the ordinary guy who wants the truth about sex from a biblical perspective. At "Intimacy of Eden" we don't recommend many books, but this is one we can suggest with confidence.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Love & Romance
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Sexuality & Pregnancy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Family >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Sexual Integrity >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Love & Romance
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Sexuality & Pregnancy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues