- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2010
People yearn for many things, but only Jesus Christ can satisfy the deepest cravings of the human heart. Many individuals, however, have settled for a cultural Christianity and lost their vibrant, day-by-day relationship with Him. This collection of short, real-life stories from an exciting young author reveals that life with God can be a surprising, challenging, and richly satisfying journey. Readers of Donald Miller and Anne Lamott will love these vignettes of people who
- talk to strangers about God and find out why sharing their faith can actually be enjoyable
- answer their calls and delight in godly obedience
- floss every day and discover the rewards of daily prayer
Sometimes humorous, occasionally tender, and always thought-provoking, these slices of life connect with 20- and 30-somethings who crave a deeper level of intimacy with God.
Tomlinson is entirely open and vulnerable in the sharing of his struggles, achievements, and the valuable lessons hes learned in his relationship with the Lord. Insightful conclusions are made and a couple of stories in particular show Gods majesty. There is no overarching verse that correlates with the book, but multiple times Tomlinson uses Scripture to support his conclusions.
Although there are several strong, positive aspects of the book, the inspiring thoughts and stories are ultimately, unfortunately, outweighed by the not-so-inspiring. The book is more like Tomlinsons own testimony than a devotional or how-to book. Several times his main points drift off into various stories which dont quite connect or come together.
Crave is aimed toward teenagers and adults, but the type of humor and sometimes watered-down message inadvertently make it speak to a younger audience. The book as a whole doesnt seem as textually strong or connected as it should be. Ultimately, Crave falls short in offering its readers what it advertises as a book discussing how to fulfill ones crav
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery