Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 130
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 1998
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X .25 (inches)|
Encountering the Healing Power of God: A Study in the Sacred Actions of Worship, Alleluia! SeriesRobert E. WebberHendrickson Publishers / 1998 / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:
$9.95Save 70% ($6.96)
We are living in a time when worship has become a distinct priority for the Christian community. For years, the church has emphasized evangelism, teaching, fellowship, missions, and service while neglecting the very source of its power--worship.
Enter His Courts with Praise, a course for small-group or individual study, consists of thirteen easy-to-understand sessions. Part One, Music in Worship, explores the purpose of music in worship, the way in which musical praise can express our relationship to God, the varieties of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, and the role of instruments. Two sessions study contemporary praise music and a worship style that blends this newer music with more traditional forms. Part Two, The Arts in Worship, studies the physical and ceremonial settings of worship and the use in worship of drama and dance. A final session encourages reflection on the future of Christian worship.
Dr. Robert Webber, Th.D., (1933-2007) was recognized by pastors, denominational leaders, scholars and lay people as one of the foremost authorities on worship renewal. He conducted workshops for almost every major denomination in North America through the Institute in Worship Studies, which he founded in 1995. He authored over 40 books on worship and the Church, including The Complete Library of Christian Worship.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Worship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Closeouts
- Closeouts >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Closeouts >> Church & Pastoral