Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Abide Bible Course Study Guide plus Streaming Video: Five Practices to Help You Engage with God Through Scripture - eBook|
By: Phil Collins, Randy Frazee
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: HarperChristian Resources
Publication Date: 2022
Stock No: WW117462EB
Discover five innovative ways to read the Bible
Do you feel guilty that you dont read your Bible every day? When you do sit down to study the Bible, do you find yourself easily distracted and feeling like youre missing something? Are you looking to connect with Gods Word in a fresh way that makes you look forward to your daily time in Scripture? If so, The Abide Bible Course is for you!
In this study, a professor and a pastorDr. Phil Collins and Randy Frazeewill walk you through five innovative practices that will take you beyond just reading and help you deeply engage with Scripture in a way that fits your unique personality and learning style. In each session, they will explain the practice and walk you through each onewith practical examplesso you can try it out for the upcoming week. These practices include:
- Praying Scripture: pray with the words of Scripture instead of your own
- Engage Through Art: looking at works of art to help you see a passage in a new way
- Journal: writing out your thoughts and feelings on a passage to give you greater clarity
- Picture It: putting yourself into the stories of the Bible to experience them firsthand
- Contemplate: deeply reflecting and praying through a passage in Gods Word
Jesus instructed his followers to "abide" in him so they could lead fruitful lives (see John 15:4). The Abide Bible Course will equip you to establish a daily, lifelong habit of abiding in God's Word so you can hear his voice.
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itselfwith video notes, a comprehensive structure for group discussion time, daily exercises to help you engage in each practice during the week and a guide to best practices for leading a group.
- An individual access code to stream all six video sessions online (you don't need to buy a DVD!).
Watch on any device!
Streaming video access code included. Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2027. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Eligible only on retail purchases inside the United States. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.
Phil Collins is a Professor of Christian Ministries and the Director of the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement. He is the general editor of the Abide Bible project and participates in Taylors theology institute for high school students called Empower. Phil has a PhD in Educational Psychology (Purdue University) andan MA in Christian Education (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.