Courage for Beginners - eBook
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2014
Twelve-year-old Mysti Murphy wishes she were a character in a book. If her life were fictional, she'd magically know how to deal with the fact that her best friend, Anibal Gomez, has abandoned her in favor of being a "hipster." She'd be able to take care of everyone when her dad has to spend time in the hospital. And she'd certainly be able to change her family's secret.
Seventh grade is not turning out the way Mysti had planned. With the help of a hot-air balloon, her new friend Rama Khan, and a bright orange coat, can she find the courage to change?
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
gjo50TexasAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Realistic TaleFebruary 24, 2015gjo50TexasAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Quick Summary: Mysti Murphy imagines herself in a book because her life is so crazy. Her mother is afraid to leave their home and her best friend dropped her in a social climbing experiment. When her father has an accident, her whole world changes in a moment.
What I liked: I loved the way Mysti envisioned both herself and the world around her as part of a story, since I often do that, too. Although I hated the way it made Mysti feel, I liked the descriptions of Anibals actions and her reactions and feelings when Anibal trashed her in front of others. I felt Mystis struggles as she pushes herself to do things she has never done before.
What I did not like: I did not like how loyal Mysti was when Anibal dumped her for others. It really frustrated me for Mysti to continue to believe that Anibal was her friend when he obviously was not.
The bottom line: I think that many kids will identify with Mysti as they have either received or seen similar behavior from their peers. Agoraphobia is a highly interesting subject and seeing Mysti grow and push herself to overcome her mothers problems if uplifting.
Status in my library - I will definitely order a copy for my library.
Overall - 5
Creativity - 4
Characters - 5
Engrossing - 5
Writing - 5
Appropriate length to tell the story - 5
Language - none
Sexuality - none
Violence - none
Drugs/alcohol - none
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> Homeschool >> Electives
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Electives
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life