Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
An unprecedented collection of information on nearly 200 individual topics of country and self-sustained living. Compiled from the information in Storey Publishing's landmark series of "Country Wisdom Bulletins," "The Country wisdom Almanac is the most thorough and reliable volume of its kind.
Organized by general topic including animals, cooking, crafts, gardening, health and well-being, and home, it is further broken down to cover dozens of specifics from "Building Chicken Coops" to "Making Cheese, Butter, and Yogurt" to "Improving Your Soil" to "Restoring Hardwood Floors." Nearly 1,000 black-and-white illustrations and photographs run throughout and fascinating projects and trusted advice crowd every page. Paperback, 480 pages.
Vendor: Workman Publishing
The Christian Homemaker's HandbookPat Ennis, Dorothy Kelley Patterson, Rhonda Harrington KelleyCrossway / 2013 / Trade Paperback$18.99 Retail:
$28.00Save 32% ($9.01)
Aromatheraphy Massage from Head to Toe, Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin A-254Workman Publishing / Trade Paperback$3.56 Retail:
$3.95Save 10% ($0.39)
- Animals: attracting backyard birds; building bathouses and birdfeeders; training and caring for cats and dogs; raising rabbits, ducks, and game birds; buying and selling horses; building chicken coops; beginning beekeeping; butchering livestock
- Cooking: recipes for all seasons; the basics of bread baking; making cheese, butter, and yogurt; cooking game; preserving and pickling; homebrew equipment and making homemade wine
- Crafts: stenciling, quilting, and basket-weaving; making wreaths, potpourri, and natural soaps; homemade gifts and decorations
- Gardening: starting your garden; caring for flowers and shrubs; controlling weeds; landscaping; growing vegetables, root crops, fruits, berries, kitchen herbs, and more
- Health and Wellbeing: natural home remedies; herbs for lifelong health; essential oils and aromatherapy; teas and recipes for a healthy diet
- Home: simple home repairs; building furniture; restoring hardwood floors; making curtains; building fences, root cellars, and smokehouses
- And much more!
millman5 Stars Out Of 5country wisdom & know howJanuary 28, 2015millmanQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5A book filled with wisdom, it truly is a worth while book for anyone to own..