Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Publication Date: 2015
Culture Shock Personal Study Kit (1 DVD Set & 1 Study Guide)Chip IngramLiving on the Edge / 2014 / DVD$19.99 Retail:Video
$34.95Save 43% ($14.96)
Twisting the Truth Participant's Guide with DVD: Learning to Discern in a Culture of DeceptionAndy StanleyZondervan / 2013 / Other$20.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$36.99Save 43% ($16.00)
Counter Culture Bible Study includes a small-group Bible Study Book, DVD teaching from the author with six 30-minute sessions, and the book on which the study is based.
The Bible is clear on a number of issues:
- Who God isthe holy, just, and gracious Creator of the universe
- Who we aremen and women created in the image of God for our good and for Gods glory
- Who Christ is and what He has doneHis life, death, and resurrection
- What it means to follow Christto die to ourselves and to live in Him
- Why this matters for eternityheaven and hell are at stake in our response to the gospel
So how do these truths affect how we respond to the social issues of our dayrealities such as poverty, slavery, abortion, sexual immorality, the degradation of marriage, the neglect of orphans and widows, racism, and persecution?
David Platt believes that the truths of the gospel should compel us to a contrite, compassionate, and courageous personal response to social issues in the culture. Using biblical foundations, practical illustrations, and personal exhortations, this study is a pointed yet winsome call for readers to faithfully follow Christ in countercultural ways. There will be a cost. There will be a reward. Do Christians in the contemporary church have the courage to counter the culture?
- Bible Study Book
- 2 DVDs
- Original book
- Interactive teaching video
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material in the Bible Study Book (guides to questions, general leadership, etc.)
- Personal study segments
- Understand timeless biblical truth as the lens through which you view current events and trends.
- Equip group members to share what they believe in a compassionate yet uncompromising way.
- Gain clarity and confidence on our cultures most controversial issues.
- Inspire your group members to take action and live out their faith.
A life-long learner, David has earned two undergraduate and three advanced degrees. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (A.B.J.) from the University of Georgia, and a Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Theology (Th.M) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He previously served at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary as Dean of Chapel and Assistant Professor of Expository Preaching and Apologetics, Staff Evangelist at Edgewater Baptist Church in New Orleans, and eight years as the Senior Pastor of The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, AL. David has written several books, Radical, Radical Together, Follow Me and most recently Counter Culture (to be released February 2015). He also has a radio program on Moody Radio, Radical with David Platt, that can be heard around the world and features past sermons and teaching from Davids ministry.
David founded Radical (Radical.net), a ministry devoted to serving churches and disseminating disciple-making resources toward the end that the gospel might be made known in all nations.
David and his wife Heather have four children, Caleb, Joshua, Mara Ruth, and Isaiah.