- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Publication Date: 2013|
Under the guidance of John MacArthur, the biblical counseling program at The Master's College has received international acclaim, with instructors who are recognized for their exceptional ability to apply God's truth to real-life problems.
Men Counseling Men is an exciting new resource on how to counsel men about the difficulties they face. Written by the school's faculty members, it is an accessible, practical volume that will equip both trained professionals and lay people to provide solidly biblical help for men who are struggling with a variety of major life issues.
Readers will learn how they can offer hope and encouragement in relation to
- conflict resolution
- physical affliction
- sexual purity
- marital relationships
- rebuilding a marriage after adultery
God's Word possesses incredible power. This book will help men experience that power as they turn to the Lord for help.
Christianfictionaddiction5 Stars Out Of 5A book I didn't even realize I needed!April 25, 2013ChristianfictionaddictionQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Any real man would admit that we guys can be complex individuals, although of course we universally find women even more complex! Men today face challenges that men have always faced, but they are compounded by massive temptations that were not even a reality 20 years ago. For example, the explosion of internet porn has led to a whole host of addictions and temptations that are having a profound effect on men in the church, on their marriages, on their purity. Counseling men through areas of sexual purity, depression and hopelessness, adultery, anger, and other areas like controlling anger or difficulties parenting, requires great wisdom and knowledge. The book "Men Counseling Men" has been created as a resource for godly men to rise up and provide support to other men facing a variety of issues, providing a guide for solid biblical counseling. The book is arranged into helpful categories that make for easy reference, and the wisdom contained in the pages of this book is wonderful indeed. I love the focus that is taken of calling on the power of God's Word to revolutionize lives, and putting into action the reality that God really does have an answer for every issue we face! The appendix at the end that lists a variety of scriptures revelant to each challenge area (i.e. depression) is absolutely valuable!
As a man myself who is involved in leadership roles in the church, which involves coming alongside other men to support and love them through facing difficult issues, "Men Counselling Men" is the book I didn't even realize I needed. I am grateful to the author for providing such a valuable and practical resource. I strongly recommend this book for counselors and pastors involved in working with men, and award it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Book has been provided courtesy of the publisher, Harvest House, for the purposes of this unbiased review.
Sufficient in JesusAge: 18-24Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Men helping their brothers grow in Christ.April 23, 2013Sufficient in JesusAge: 18-24Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Men Counseling men is a book destined to get a lot of wear. In our world today we need men of God who will put their hand on the shoulder of another man and help him grow in Christ. This will involve Biblical counseling, which can be defined as one man helping another to understand the heart of God and apply God's truth to his situation. Counseling of this sort is done everyday by fathers and preachers and mentors. Every Christian man who helps his brothers grow in Christ will counsel them sooner or later about one or all of the issues addressed in this book.
As a Christian man, you need this book on your shelf.
Broken into four main sections, this book deals with Men and The Word, Men and Emotions, Men and Relationships, and Men and Specific Problems.
Men and The Word lays the foundation for the entire book as the counselor/mentor learns how to use the Word in counseling. The counselor must understand the Word before he can apply it. This section reminds us that the Word must be understood in context and interpreted correctly, and there is a chapter about discernment as a counselor of men.
Men and their Emotions is an area where one man can come alongside and greatly help another. God's Word has a lot to say about emotions such as anger, sadness and hopelessness. These emotions are dealt with here.
There is also a much needed section on depression, and the truths presented here about how common depression is and how there is hope are lifelines for the man who feels isolated in depression or anxiety. This is why Christian men must counsel one another, to give each other Gospel centered hope and encouragement.
Men and their Relationships is truly a wealth of pastoral counseling about all of a man's relationships.
This section begins with a look at the One Another passages in the New Testament, which explain how to live in fruitful relationship with one another. "Be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another."
This should be on the required reading list for every man, husband, father and grandfather, every Christian.
This section contains chapters on leaving and cleaving, parenting small children, and being a grandfather.
Men and Specific Problems has a very important chapter about how to help your son when he thinks he is homosexual, or is struggling with it.
There is also a chapter on rebuilding a marriage after adultery, something that can happen, by God's Grace.
I am delighted to say that Men Counseling Men is a book to buy and study, as is Christ Centered Biblical Counseling, also published by Harvest House in March of 2013. I received a copy of this book to review.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Professional
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Personal Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Sexual Integrity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Church & Supplies >> Men's Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships