"O mother, mother! What have you done?"
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this gripping political and personal tragedyalong with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including
• an original Introduction to Coriolanus
• incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
• commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
• photographs of key RSC productions
• an overview of Shakespeares theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.
"A remarkable edition, one that makes Shakespeares extraordinary accomplishment more vivid than ever."James Shapiro, professor, Columbia University, bestselling author of A Year in the Life of Shakespeare: 1599
"A feast of literary and historical information."The Wall Street Journal