- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Thessalonians
- 2 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- 3 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Encounters with God: 2 Corinthians is a study of the most personal and intimate of Paul's letters. 2 Corinthians has more autobiographical references than any other epistle. The letter emphasizes obedience, respect, and submission to Christ's messengers. A second prevailing theme is that of selfless giving, defined as both acts of service and the sharing of personal possessions and resources.
This easy-to-use resource for individual or group study features seven lessons, an explanation and interpretation ofthe text, stories that illustrate specific passages, related verses, life applications,questions for further reflection, and leader's notes. Scripture quotations are taken from the New King James Version®.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2008
Series: Encounters With God
Intended as companions to the Blackaby Study Bible, these guides also stand alone as a complete study of a book of the Bible.
The lessons include:
- Leader's Notes
- 7 studies based on reference materials included in the Blackaby Study Bible
- An explanation and interpretation of Scripture
- A story that illustrates the passage in focus
- Other Bible verses related to the theme
- Questions for reflection
- Suggestions for application in everyday life.
LynnetteFort Wayne, INAge: 45-54Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Thought provoking studyFebruary 20, 2013LynnetteFort Wayne, INAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4As always with the Blackabys, this in depth study challenges believers in their day to day lives. A note of caution: the low price on this book might be due to several typos. At least two scriptures are not cited correctly.
Excited learnerWest Allis, WIAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5This book has thoughtful and provoking questions!August 27, 2012Excited learnerWest Allis, WIAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 3Meets Expectations: 4our group had chosen another book by another author but I needed something that I felt would bring out more depth rather than just the surface issues of the chapter being studied.
In addition, I appreciate the views of scholars/academics vs. pastor/teachers. To me the depth and excitement of the word is found in what the origional texts say rather than a myopic view defined by denominationalism.
christine5 Stars Out Of 5August 11, 2011christineQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4This is a very informative, thought-provoking study guide. Good for small group. But unless you have the author's study bible there is a lot lost, so I suggest purchasing it along with this study guide.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources