Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 32
|Publication Date: 2013|
Seymour Simon knows how to explain science to kids and make it fun. He was a teacher for more than twenty years, has written more than 250 books, and has won multiple awards.
In Coral Reefs, Simon introduces elementary-school readers to the oceans’ reefs through wonderful descriptions and stunning full-color photographs. He encourages appreciation of the ecology of coral reefs, explains why they are in danger, and suggests ways kids can help save the endangered reefs.
Seymour Simon has been called “the dean of the [children’s science book] field” by the New York Times. He has written more than 300 books for young readers and has received the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Lifetime Achievement Award for his lasting contribution to children’s science literature, the Science Books & Films Key Award for Excellence in Science Books, the Empire State Award for excellence in literature for young people, and the Educational Paperback Association Jeremiah Ludington Award. He and his wife, Liz, live in Columbia County in Upstate New York. You can visit him online at www.seymoursimon.com, where students can post on the “Seymour Science Blog” and educators can download a free four-page teacher guide to accompany this book, putting it in context with Common Core objectives. Join the growing legion of @seymoursimon fans on Twitter!
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Children >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Children >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Homeschool >> Science >> Earth Science >> Water Cycle Rivers Oceans
- Homeschool >> Science >> Science Books
- Homeschool >> Science >> Science Supplements
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Subjects >> Earth Science
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Supplements >> Science Books