- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2010
Nearly 1 in 2 Americans suffer from some chronic condition either an illness like fibromyalgia or conditions such as migraine headaches or chronic neck and back pain. With numbers like these, it s fair to say we have a health crisis on our hands.
Respected therapist H. Norman Wright, along with Lynn Ellis, a researcher with firsthand experience with fibromyalgia, lupus, and chronic fatigue, shares practical, hopeful answers for those who suffer from what are often called invisible illnesses.
Readers will benefit from realizing they are not alone even if others don t understand what they are experiencing. They will also find
- helpful ideas for managing relationships with their doctors and their families
- insight into God s perspective and caring for those who suffer
- practical ways to manage the stress, fear, and depression that often comes with chronic illness
Coping with Chronic Illness is the perfect resource for those who struggle as well as for their families and friends, lay counselors, medical professionals, and pastors.
just Sharonsan francisco, ca.Age: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5May 17, 2011just Sharonsan francisco, ca.Age: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4it is helpful, but it is hard for us to deal at times.
lisacolumbus, ohAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5for patients, their friends, pastors and leadersJanuary 15, 2011lisacolumbus, ohAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent book for someone in chronic pain. I wish I had had this years ago. Offers hope and acknowledges that even the church falls short. Some tough love and many great recommendations to cope. I underlined everything.
Linda FerreeHarrisburg, PAAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5August 13, 2010Linda FerreeHarrisburg, PAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleThis book is terrific, it is a must for anybody with an illness (I have fibromyalgia and back nerve damage, both cause pain and depression and limitations). It is unlike other books in that it does not talk about the disease itself, but about coping, our feelings, daily living, accepting, etc. All who are readers will benefit from it's wisdom and uniqueness, It is written by a once high geared businesswomen who was stuck down with an incurable disease..
Chris HildebrandtMorton Grove, ILAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5May 28, 2010Chris HildebrandtMorton Grove, ILAge: 55-65Gender: femaleThis is a great book for anyone dealing with Chronic Illness. It's one of the most helpful books I've found and the only one I've found written with a Christian perspective. It has excellent information for anyone who lives with Chronic Illness and for anyone, (family, friends & doctors) trying to help someone who has a Chronic Illness.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns