Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Conversations with Scripture: The Parables
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 144
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Series: Anglican Association of Biblical Scholars Study
From the very beginning, human beings have loved to listen to stories. And Jesus loved to tell them. The parables are vivid, rich,arresting stories that make us think and teach us lessons about our relationship with God and others. From talents to mustard seeds, from shepherds to Samaritans, Jesus used common reference points to teach important truths.
But the parables are filled with ambiguity and room for interpretation. With historical and cultural background, and careful scholarly detail, this book helps readers explore their beauty, richness, and joy.
Includes discussion questions and activities. Chapters are organized by parable types such as seeking and growth.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Luke
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Mark
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Matthew
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology