- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 7 X 5 X .31 (inches)|
Series: Bible Savvy
Context: How to Understand the Bible / New edition - eBookJames NicodemMoody Publishers / 2013 / ePub$6.05 Retail:
$7.99Save 24% ($1.94)
How do we understand a book as complex as the Bible? History, laws, poetry, prophecy, apocalypse, letters... and all of it written thousands of years ago!
The answer is context.
In this uncomplicated, clarifying book, Pastor Jim Nicodem explains how to accurately interpret a Bible passage by unpacking its various contexts.
- Start with its historical setting: author, recipient, date, and purpose
- Then determine its literary genre: law, narrative, prophecy, poetry, gospel, or epistle.
- Finally, identify the key theological issues.
Sound difficult? Not once you employ the simple study tools the book includes.
Perfect for everyone, from first-time Bible readers to Bible study leaders, Context is a wonderful tool to help with basic Bible reading or more in-depth study.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Adults
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Teens