We all know what it is to feel discontented with our lives - with what we have, how much we can get, what we do, who we live with, how we are and what the future promises.It was discontent that first led humans into rebellion against God, with the catastrophic consequences that have followed from that decision.The Bible shows that discontent is the symptom of a lethal disease that will kill us if we do not find a cure. Discontent is a problem of our hearts not our circumstances. This Good Book Guide can help us to understand why we become discontented, how Jesus Christ alone can help us, and on a practical level, how Christian living can bring the treasure of contentment to our daily lives. Includes:
- Talkabout: discussion starters
- Investigate: inductive study questions
- Explore More: (optional) questions that connect the text with other parts of the Bible
- Apply sections
- Getting Personal: opportunities for each member
- Prayer: thanksgiving and requests based on the text studied.