- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Series: On-the-Go Devotionals
However, God intends for us to be content. In Contentment: A Godly Womans Adornment, Lydia Brownback takes us on a daily walk in scripture to help us find contentment, which she says is synonymous with happiness. Each of her thirty-two short, two-to-three page devotionals introduces a scriptural passage, such as Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, Matthew 13:45-46, and I Timothy 6:6-8. Brownback then applies them to our lives in a friendly, straightforward manner. Though brief, they are not trite, shallow, or silly.
In fact, Contentment impressed me with its depth. Brownback points the reader to the fact that sin destroys contentment and to the importance of immediate obedience. She offers the hope of contentment through seeking to find God as our all while acknowledging our pain and cultural temptations.
This little booklet would make an excellent personal devotional, a great gift, or a fine mother-daughter resource. -- Debbie W. Wilson, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues