Life Conquers Death: Meditations on the Garden, the Cross, and the Tree of Life - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
How can we come to understand more fully our own story of sin and redemption? This beautiful series of meditations addresses that need. Each chapter moves us one step along the path, and were also guided by the authors metaphors of wood, trees, and the cross of Christ as we travel. We start in the garden of Eden, and end at the Tree of Life in the New Jerusalem.Along the way, we encounter biblical passages, pictures by Rembrandt, and insights from such great works of Russian literature as A Tree Falls in Siberia as the author brings important questions to our attention. John Arnold has created a series of contemplative readings that will remain with the reader long after reading them.
John Arnold is Dean Emeritus of Durham Cathedral. The Very Reverend Dr. Arnold also served as the President of the Conference of European Churches, which unites Protestant, Anglican, and Orthodox churches in common causes, from 1992 to 1997. He was awarded the Bundesverdienstkreuz (German Order of Merit) in 1991 and the OBE (Order of the British Empire) by Queen Elizabeth II in 2002 for his lifelong work devoted to Christian unity and reconciliation in Europe.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality