Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Technology is constantly advancing and the need for programmers has never been higher!
Give your homeschooled students a computer science education that can help them understand fundamental computer and programming concepts with Compuscholar. After purchase, you'll receive an email with a code that provides access for one year (two semesters / 34 weeks of daily work) for one student; it is a self-paced course- perfect for homeschoolers who enjoy flexible schedules! Designed to appeal to multiple types of learners, lessons integrate both written text and audio-visual components.
Course features include:
- Step-by-step self-study lessons
- Integrated instructional videos
- Automatically graded lesson quizzes, chapter tests and an electronic gradebook
- Hands-on programming and computing projects with easy-to-follow solutions
- Teacher's guides, project grading rubrics, and fully coded activity solutions
Web Design will teach students (Grades 6-12) how to create their own web pages using HTML and CSS. Each chapter contains one or more hands-on programming labs; students will also have the opportunity to work on two fun, high-quality websites with professional features and experience the phases of a project lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, and testing. This course covers fundamental web design skills such as:
- Basic web site layout
- HTML5 symbols and elements
- Text styles
- Hyperlinks and navigation bars
- CSS effects, spacing and positioning
- Graphics and image editing
- Page design principles
- Dynamic menus
- Embedded audio and video
This Web Design course does not require any pre-requisite knowledge or courses beyond basic computer skills such as browsing the web, loading and saving files, and using the operating systems on a Windows or Mac computer. No knowledge of programming is required.
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS Version 10.7 or higher
- Any HTML5-compliant web browser
- Komodo Edit (a free, cross-platform software) or alternative IDEs at teacher discretion
- Please Note: No physical Android device or smartphone service is required for this course. All development is done in a free software emulator that runs on a computer.
|Format: Other, N/A|
Vendor: CompuScholar, Inc.
Publication Date: 2015