Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Technology is constantly advancing and the need for programmers has never been higher!
Give your homeschooled students a computer science education that can help them understand fundamental computer and programming concepts with Compuscholar. After purchase, you'll receive an email with a code that provides access for one year (two semesters / 36 weeks of daily work) for one student; it is a self-paced course- perfect for homeschoolers who enjoy flexible schedules! Designed to appeal to multiple types of learners, lessons integrate both written text and audio-visual components.
Course features include:
- Step-by-step self-study lessons
- Integrated instructional videos
- Automatically graded lesson quizzes, chapter tests and an electronic gradebook
- Hands-on programming and computing projects with easy-to-follow solutions
- Teacher's guides, project grading rubrics, and fully coded activity solutions
Game Programming with VB provides students (Grades 6-8) with an easy introduction to programming and video game design topics using the Visual Basic language. Each chapter contains one or more hands-on programming labs; students will also have the opportunity to work on individual or group projects and experience the phases of a project lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
The first semester teaches students to write graphical programs using the Visual Basic programming language, and covers:
- Introduction to Visual Basic
- Working with numeric and text data
- Logical expressions and decision-making
- Creating a Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Responding to user input
- Finding and fixing problems
- Arrays and loops
- Writing functions
The second semester builds on the student's Visual Basic skills to write video games and covers:
- Drawing shapes
- Handling keyboard and mouse input
- Using sprites
- Displaying and animating images
- Detecting collisions
- Music and sound effects
- Simple game physics
- Artificial intelligence
This Game Programming with Visual Basic course does not require any pre-requisite knowledge or courses beyond basic computer skills such as browsing the web, loading and saving files, and using the operating system on a Windows computer. No knowledge of programming is required.
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Any HTML5-compliant web browser
|Format: Other, N/A|
Vendor: CompuScholar, Inc.
Publication Date: 2015