Add To Cart
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the newly updated text of the best-selling Complete Jewish Bible with detailed notes and comprehensive study material to help bothJewish and Christian readers understand and connect with theessence of their faith—God’s redemptive plan forhis people. Readers will be enriched through this Jewish reading of Scripture and the revelation of the long-awaited Messiah, Yeshua, throughout both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (New Testament).
- Over 100 articles—categorized into twelve themes—run throughout the Bible covering topics such as Jewish Customs, Messianic Prophecy, the Names of God, Shabbat, the Torah, and more
- Over thirty additional topical articles—ranging from such subjects as the menorah and repentance, to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles—offer fresh insight and spiritual application
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Follows the Jewish order of the Takakh’s books (Old Testament), the order with which Yeshua was familiar
- Includes extensive bottom-of-the-page notes throughout to help readers understand the historical background and cultural context of the text
- Provides Scripture readings for Sabbaths, Festivals, Feasts, and Fasts
- Offers the original Hebrew names for all people, places,and concepts, as well as a pronunciation guide
- Articles written by over thirty contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including Drs. John and Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Rabbi Barney Kasdan, and many more
- Featuring quotes and excerpts from well-known Rabbis andscholars, both ancient and modern, such as Dr. Walter Kaiser, Dr. Daniel Boyarin, Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Rabbi Gamaliel, Rabbi Hillel, Rabbi Shammai,Rabbi Akiva, Maimonides, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and many more
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed studynotes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Two ribbon markers
- Gold page edges
- 10-point text size
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 1.75"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 1968
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 9.75 X 6.75 (inches)|
Text Color: Black Letter
Complete Jewish Bible: 2017 Updated Edition, Navy Blue Imitation LeatherDavid H. SternLederer/MJRP / 2017 / Imitation Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$49.95Save 30% ($14.96)
Complete Jewish Bible: 2017 Updated Edition, PaperbackDavid H. SternLederer/MJRP / 2017 / Trade Paperback$21.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$29.95Save 27% ($7.96)
Complete Jewish Bible: 2017 Updated Edition, HardcoverDavid H. SternLederer/MJRP / 2017 / Hardcover$24.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$34.95Save 28% ($9.96)
The Complete Jewish Study Bible, Genuine Calfskin leather blackHendrickson Publishers / 2016 / Genuine Leather$81.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 92 Reviews Video
$139.95Save 41% ($57.96)
Nanny2 Stars Out Of 5Any with larger print?February 20, 2018NannyQuality: 3Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2I can not buy this as the writing is to small :(
Oscar2 Stars Out Of 5NOT What I ExpectedFebruary 20, 2018OscarQuality: 4Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2My review agrees 100% with "Don" who titled his review "Disappointment".This is a beautifully crafted Bible and visually-pleasing, but as the old adage rightly says, "You can't tell a book by its cover". This applies to the Dr. David Stern's, The Complete Jewish Study Bible. The OT is entirely paraphrased in the style of The Message Bible and not true to the Hebrew of the authoritative JPS (1917) Jewish version. The NT is also Stern's own transliteration of the Greek into English and changes the meaning of the text by imposing his own Jewish "twist" to certain fundamental Christian views. As reviewer "Don" recommended, the serious Bible student would be best served with a better translated and more accurate Jewish Bible version, such as the Tree of Life Version (TLV). A big "red flag" for me was that persons in the cultic "Hebrew Roots Movement" found The Complete Jewish Study Bible compatible with their views on making the Fundamental Christian faith more "Jewish" by returning to the Law and old Jewish traditions.
painter2 Stars Out Of 5jewish study bibleFebruary 16, 2018painterQuality: 4Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2was not what I expected. disappointed.
EHS5 Stars Out Of 5WonderfulDecember 14, 2017EHSQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Though I have not dug deeply yet, the overall quality is very impressive. It is nicely laid out, with great illustrations. CBD offers the best service, value, variety, & quality my wife or I have found as of yet. Whenever we open one of their catalogs, we always order more than we intended in the first place.
Luke LunsfordNewport ,TNAge: 25-34Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5The Bible from a Jewish PerspectiveDecember 12, 2017Luke LunsfordNewport ,TNAge: 25-34Gender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The Complete Jewish Study Bible
This is an excellent recourse for anyone looking at the Jewish Background of Scripture. Who was Jesus? He was a Jew. Who did he come to? The lost sheep of Israel, which are Jews. When studying scripture it is always important to look at the context of the scripture as well as background and cultural aspects. This study Bible takes the cake hands down. This study Bible is written from a Jewish perspective in the book introductions and as well as throughout the text. For Jew or Christian alike this study Bible will be an excellent tool for use for years to come. Whether youre a pastor or layman you can grow in knowledge and understanding from this study bible.
This study Bible is filled with articles throughout which covers topics such as, the covenants, the torah, Jewish customs, messianic prophecy, the names of God, Anti-Jewish Scriptural interpretations, the Shabbat, salvation and atonement, the holy days of Israel, Jewish Gentile relations, The land of Israel, and the Tabernacle. Another unique feature to this bible is the order of the books in the Old Testament. It follows the same order as the Tanakhs books which were the order Jesus would have been familiar with. Notes at the bottom of the page are written from a Jewish perspective of course and this study bible also has various quotes and excerpts from well know rabbis and scholars. The names in this bible follow the original Hebrew for places and people as well as a guide to pronounce them. This bible has beautiful color pages all throughout as well as color maps. Index, glossary, and scripture readings for different holidays.
Binding and paper
The copy which I have is a hardback which includes two page ribbons. One thing that I would have liked to see is thumb indexing but that is just a personal reference of mine. The paper isnt too thin so highlighting should be permissible; however, I would suggest using a dry highlighter rather than a wet one to prevent bleeding on the beautiful color pages.
I feel that this will be an invaluable tool to use for years to come. Anyone that wants to look at the scriptures from a complete Jewish perspective then this bible is for you. I would think this would be a very valuable tool for pastors and laymen alike. I give this study Bible 5 stars. Maybe more. Get your copy and get in it.