The Complete Japanese Verb Guide is a handy, easy-to-use guide to one of the building blocks of language learning—verbs.
To effectively learn Japanese, a strong knowledge of Japanese grammar and vocabulary is needed. This book will come to the rescue as it shows learners how to conjugate the 600 most common Japanese verbs quickly, and with very little effort. This is the only guide to list all verb forms in both Japanese script and romanized form, while giving an accurate English translation for each conjugated form, making this book far more comprehensive than any other book on the subject.
Compiled by Japanese language experts at The Hiro Japanese Center, more than 30 different verbal forms are given for each verb including all forms used in contemporary spoken, written, formal and conversational Japanese—making this the ideal reference when reading any sort of Japanese printed materials including manga, newspapers, magazines and books. The Complete Japanese Verb Guide
places an expert resource at your fingertips, giving you the information you need to speak, read, and write Japanese sentences correctly.
Key features of this book are:
- Includes all the most useful verbs and Kanji (logographic Chinese characters) in Japanese, including less common ones.
- A wealth of example sentences are given to demonstrate correct verb usage.
- Over 30 forms are given for each verb including polite or formal, plain, negative, potential, conditional, passive, causative, and many more.
- Both Kana, Japanese script, and romanized forms are given for each entry.
- An ideal study guide for the standard Advanced Placement college test and the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam.
- Special sections are devoted to compound verbs and suru verbs such as Kaimono suru (to shop), benkyo suru (to study), and much more.