Compass and Stars - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Seabury Books
Publication Date: 2007
"Finding our way, getting our bearings, takes its imagery from the art navigation with map and compass and stars. It speaks to our feelings of confusion, loss, and failure. When we admit to God we have lost our way, we get the chance to discover that all ways belong to God - even the way of disorientation." This collection of short, informal pieces that are both theologically substantial and genuinely popular is aimed at helping us "get our bearings" in the life of the spirit today. These essays reveal the staleness and oppressive nature of many of our spiritual practices at a time when, more than ever, we need to stand back and let the fresh winds of the Spirit blow through our lives and surprise us. Whether about the spirituality of shopping or social justice, discernment or channel-surfing, these pieces will delight you and make you think. Ideal for retreats and as a source for sermon ideas, the book can be read in one day, or spread over a month or more.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality