Tim Dowley's masterful one-volume survey, now in its second edition, is enhanced with this valuable Study Companion
, a study guide tied directly to Dowley's text. This companion volume is packed with the essential primary readings for introductory courses in the history of Christianity. The Study Companion
also provides biographical information, thematic explorations of historical themes that are important today, as well as a host of other pedagogical tools that will enrich the student's experience.
Students are invited to use the study guide as a workbook and should find this guide useful in building an understanding and appreciation of the rich and complex history of Christianity.
Features and study aids inside A Study Companion
- A tailored introduction for students on using A Study Companion
- Chapter summaries and engaging brief biographies of key personalities
- Substantial selections from primary source material with questions to build critical reading skills
- Key terms with definitions linked to each chapter
- Secondary source material
- Thought-provoking questions for discussion and reflection
- Extensive list of online resources
- Special feature: Reading Historical Documents - to build student comprehension of primary source material
- Special feature: A Short Guide to Writing Research Papers on the History of Christianity - full of aids and guidelines to assist students in undertaking research projects
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.