A Companion to Greek and Roman Political Thought - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Comprises 34 essays from leading scholars in history, classics, philosophy, and political science to illuminate Greek and Roman political thought in all its diversity and depth.
- Offers a broad survey of ancient political thought from Archaic Greece through Late Antiquity
- Approaches ancient political philosophy from both a normative and historical focus
- Examines Greek and Roman political thought within historical context and contemporary debate
- Explores the role of ancient political thought in a range of philosophies, such as the individual and community, human rights, religion, and cosmopolitanism
"This is an extremely valuable volume, a must for every library; perhaps the paperback will be priced within the reach of at least some individuals." (The Heythrop Journal, 14 April 2015)"Of note is the indispensable list of primary sources and a prodigious bibliography of secondary texts. These alone probably justify the purchase price." (CHOICE, 2009)
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲