A Companion to Greek and Roman Political Thought - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Comprises 34 essays from leading scholars in history, classics,philosophy, and political science to illuminate Greek and Romanpolitical thought in all its diversity and depth.
- Offers a broad survey of ancient political thought from ArchaicGreece through Late Antiquity
- Approaches ancient political philosophy from both a normativeand historical focus
- Examines Greek and Roman political thought within historicalcontext and contemporary debate
- Explores the role of ancient political thought in a range ofphilosophies, such as the individual and community, human rights,religion, and cosmopolitanism
"This is an extremely valuable volume, a must for every library; perhaps the paperback will be priced within the reach of at least some individuals." (The Heythrop Journal, 14 April 2015)"Of note is the indispensable list of primary sources and a prodigious bibliography of secondary texts. These alone probably justify the purchase price." (CHOICE, 2009)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲