Intended for upper division college students, seminarians, and pastors, The Community of Jesus delivers a biblical, historic, systematic, and missional theology of the church.
Today the word church provokes wide-ranging reactions and generates discussion on a variety of issues among Christians and non-Christians alike. In order to sort through this maze of responses and topics, a biblical and theological foundation must be laid that provides a clear vision of the church of the Lord Jesus Christ and its significance in Gods eternal purpose.
With extensive pastoral, teaching, missions, and administrative experience, this team of contributors carefully sets forth the biblical teachings concerning the church and then builds on this core material, relating the theology of the church to salvation history, church history, Gods glory, and Gods mission:
• Paul R. House, "God Walks with His People: Old Testament Foundations"
• Andreas J. Köstenberger, "The Church According to the Gospels"
• Kendell H. Easley, "The Church in Acts and Revelation: New Testament Bookends"
• David S. Dockery, "The Church in the Pauline Epistles"
• Ray Van Neste, "The Church in the General Epistles"
• James A. Patterson, "The Church in History: Ecclesiastical Ideals and Institutional Realities"
• Stephen J.Wellum, "Beyond Mere Ecclesiology: The Church as Gods New Covenant Community"
• Christopher W. Morgan, "The Church and the Glory of God"
• Bruce Riley Ashford, "The Church in the Mission of God"