This special hybrid volume provides the ordination liturgies of the Church of England from both The Book of Common Prayer
and Common Worship, alongside a study guide for these services.
It is intended to facilitate study of the texts by all who are interested in what the Church of England teaches about ordination, and especially by those who are themselves preparing to be ordained. It also serves as a resource for ecumenical dialogue about ministry in the Church.
The first part presents the authorised ordination services, annotated with references to Scripture and to the Canons of the Church of England. The second part explains the thinking behind the services and offers a practical guide to planning ordinations.
- Introduction by the House of Bishops
- The Common Worship Ordination Services (for Deacons, Priests and Bishops)
- The Ordinal (1662)
- A brief history of ordination rites
- A commentary by the Liturgical Commission
- Celebrating ordinations - a practical guide