During Holy Week and Easter, through participation in a whole sequence of services, Christians share in Christs own journey from the triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday to the empty tomb on Easter Day.
These are the richest liturgical days of the Christian year and this presidents volume contains all that is required for the differing services that are held in this week of weeks.
- The Liturgy for Palm Sunday
- The Passion Gospels arranged for dramatic reading
- Texts for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Holy Week
- The Liturgy for Maundy Thursday
- The Liturgy of Good Friday
- Dramatised and Continuous Passion Narratives
- The scriptural Stations of the Cross and the Resurrection
- Holy Communion Order One in the centre of the book for ease of access
- The Easter Liturgy in full
- New musical settings for the Eucharistic prayers
Due to the significant amount of movement in the observances of Holy Week and Easter, this volume is bound in a square format for ease of use both at the altar and in procession.
In this clear and simple volume, ready for use at the lectern and altar, the riches of Common Worships commemoration of Holy Week and Easter is arranged and ordered for dramatic realisation in worship. This volume helps to transpose the words into liturgical drama and at the same time to let in imagination and local custom. There is a completeness and a simplicity to this setting out of the heart of the Christian year that will prove to be an invaluable gift to our worship.
This is an exciting and attractive publication combining all the rich and dramatic resources familiar to many each Holy Week and Easter. It is sturdy yet flexible enough to be used at the altar or when moving around church or processing during worship. I heartily commend it to all parishes, cathedrals and other places of worship.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.