- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Attacked, dismissed, maligned, and relegated to the status of mythology, the first eleven chapters of Genesis are difficult for some Christians to believe due to liberal theologians, secular science and others holding God's Word in low esteem. But Mortenson and his team of creationist scholars, in the spirit of the late Dr. Henry Morris, write, teach, debate and lecture on creationist topics, and here address elements of scientific creationism in depth that frequently come under fire. Writing intelligently and clearly, Mortenson and over a dozen contributors provide an apologetic text that answers the tough questions many people, both Christians and non-Christians alike, struggle with in their attempts to clarify the theology of Genesis.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2008
Fourteen theological scholars address key topics related to the age of the earth, which is the crucial issue of debate in the church today regarding origins. Bringing to bear rigorous biblical, theological, and historical arguments in favor of a six-day creation, the global Flood, and a young earth, they also provide much-needed critiques of a number of contemporary old-earth interpretations of the book of Genesis.
This fresh defense of the literal history of Genesis 1-11 nicely complements other studies which focus more on the scientific evidence of young-earth creationism. As such, this book can serve as a versatile supplement to other works, but is also designed to be used as a standalone text for seminary and Bible college professors and students, pastors, missionaries, and others who want in-depth apologetic resources.
Coming to Grips with Genesis: Biblical Authority and the Age of the Earthincludes:
- Forewords by Dr. John MacArthur, President of the Master's Seminary and Senior Pastor of Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA; and the late Dr. Henry Morris, Founder and President Emeritus, Institute for Creation Research
- Detailed analysis of the verbs of Genesis 1
- A defense of the Genesis 5 & 11 genealogies as strict chronologies
- Reasons for rejecting millions of years of death and natural evil before Adam's sin
- Careful reflection on Jesus' teachings regarding a young earth
Terry Mortenson, Ph.D., grew up in Minnesota, was on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ for 24 years before joining Answers in Genesis as a researcher, speaker and writer. He and his wife, Margie, have five daughters and three sons.
Thane H. Ury (M.Div., Asbury Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Systematic Theology, Andrews University) taught in the Religion & Philosophy Department at Bethel College (Indiana) for 15 years, before joining the faculty at the United Wesleyan Graduate Institute, Hong Kong, China in 2006. He has taught theology and apologetics in Romania, Nigeria, Trinidad, and China. He and Laura have four children.
Chapters in the book include:
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Creation Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific