- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
"I suppose were all drunk on something."
Seth Haines was in the hospital with his wife, planning funeral songs for their not-yet two-year-old, when he made a very conscious decision: this was the last day he ever wanted to feel. So he asked his sister to smuggle in some gin, and his addiction began.
But whether or not youve ever had a drop to drink in your life, were all looking for ways to stop the pain. Like Seth, were all seeking balms for the anxiety of what we believe is an absent Godwhether its through people-pleasing, shopping, the internet, food, career highs, or even good works and elite theology. We attempt to anesthetize our anxiety through addictionany old addiction. But it often leaves us feeling even more empty than before.
In Coming Clean, Seth Haines writes rawly through the first 90 days of a work of sobriety, illuminating how to face the pain wed rather run from, and even more importantly, how Jesus meets us there. Because it is only when we face our anxieties with the tenacity and tenderness of Christs passion that we truly discover that we are indeed clean, surrendered, and whole.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Alcohol
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery