Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2019
News reports of and statistics about defaced synagogues and death threats against community centers are on the rise around the world. A rise in anti-Semitism from the right side of the political spectrum has been accompanied by a different kind of anti-Semitism from parts of the left revolving around the state of Israel.
Rabbi Evan Moffic provides a compelling discussion to help Christians understand this dangerous rise by working to address tough questions including:
- Why have Jews been the object of the most enduring and universal hatred in history?
- What is different between anti-Semitism in the past versus todays culture?
- How, and in what forms, may it be carried out in the future?
Focusing on the events since September 11, 2001, Rabbi Evan Moffic considers the twenty-first century anti-Semitism and the historical pattern of discrimination to other groups that often follows new waves of discrimination against Jewish communities. With a hopeful and collaborative tone, he suggests actions for all people of faith to combat words and actions of hate while lifting up practical ways Christians and Jews can work together.
First the Jews offers new insights and unparalleled perspectives on some of the most recent, pressing developments in the contemporary world.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Judaism >> Holocaust
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Judaism
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions