Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Collected Short Stories #3 of the Frontier Stories series by Louis L'Amour
A keepsake edition that includes twenty eight stories of the American West which show us the unique spirit and values ordinary people had during this time. They struggled against the odds showing justice, honor and courage.
To name a few, you will read short stories with real historical detail like the following examples:
- A man who finds a mystery at the site where a friend's ranch has vanished into thin air.
- A young suitor accused of being a coward yet proves his courage when the guns are against him without firing a single shot.
- A drifter who poses as a murdered man to solve a mystery.
- A recluse who protects a runaway from a brutal "guardian" with the law on his side.
- A couple taking refuge in a cabin with a group of outlaws who don't intend to let them see sunrise.
- A man on horseback battling sleeplessness.
- Indians and a cold-blooded killer in a life-and-death race through a harsh wilderness.
Titles in this collection include:
Riding for the Brand • Four-card Draw • One Last Gun Notch • Shandy Takes the Hook • A Night at Wagon Camp • Six-gun Stampede • Valley of the Sun • Fork Your Own Broncs • Pardner from the Rio • The Guns Talk Loud • Squatters on the Lonetree • That Slash Seven Kid • Home in the Valley • Red Butte Showdown • Jackson of Horntown • Ride or Start Shootin' • Regan of the Slash B • Lonigan • Lit a Shuck for Texas • West of Dry Creek • There's Always a Trail • We Shaped the Land with Our Guns • To Hang Me High • West of Dodge • Monument Rock • A Gun for Kilkenny • In Victorio's Country • That Packsaddle Affair
Number of Pages: 560
|Publication Date: 2014|
For lovers of great storytelling everywhere, this exciting collection features the unforgettable characters, heart-stopping drama, and careful attention to historical detail that have entertained readers for decades and earned Louis LAmour a permanent place among our finest American writers.