Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This guide to Farewell to Arms provides an introduction to the novel as well as a chapter-by-chapter summary, critical commentary, and glossary. Character analysis, critical essays, a Q-and-A review, and a short author biography are also included, providing readers with critical background information and comprehension tools. Icons integrated throughout will help students to see the underlying themes, discover the depths of a character, identify literary devices, and understand the language used in the work. 128 pages, indexed, softcover.
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Cliffs Notes
Publication Date: 2000
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)|
CliffsNotes on Farewell to Arms explores a potent and memorable love story set against the historical and geographical background of World War I.
Following the growth of a rakish, indifferent soldier into a mature man capable of real love for the worldly-wise nurse who falls for him, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the intense and descriptive novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Personal background on author Ernest Hemingway, including honors and awards
- Introduction to and synopsis of the books
- Character analyses of primary figures Frederick Henry and Catherine Barkley
- Critical essays on weather symbolism and Hemingways influence
- Review section that features fill-in-the-blank questions, quoted passages, and suggested essay topics and practice projects
- Resource Center with books, articles, video and audio recordings, and websites that can help round out your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasureyou'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.