Add To Cart
Add To Cart
This guide to Crime and Punishment provides an introduction to the novel as well as a chapter-by-chapter summary, critical commentary, and glossary. Character analysis, critical essays, a Q-and-A review, and a short author biography are also included, providing readers with critical background information and comprehension tools. Icons integrated throughout will help students to see the underlying themes, discover the depths of a character, identify literary devices, and understand the language used in the work. 128 pages, indexed, softcover.
|Title: CliffsNotes on Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment|
By: James L. Roberts
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Cliffs Notes
|Publication Date: 2000|
Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)
CliffsNotes on Crime and Punishment takes you into a masterpiece of Russian literature, a work published during the time the western world was moving away from romanticism and into a new realistic approach to writing.
Following the story of an impoverished young man who expects to enrich humanity by rising to a level above the law, this study guide provides a character list, character map, and character analyses to explore the personalities within Fyodor Dostoevsky's masterpiece. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Life and background of the author
- Introduction to and brief synopsis of the novel
- Summaries and expert commentaries for each chapter within the book
- Essays that explore aspects of the author's characters and theories
- A review section that tests your knowledge and suggests essay topics and practice projects
- A Resource Center full of books, publications, films, and Internet resources
Classic literature or modern-day treasureyou'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.