Add To Cart
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness. . . " and so begins this classic tale of the French Revolution. "Recalled to life!" sums up young Lucie Manette's emotions when she finds that her father is still alive. After being imprisoned in the Bastille for 18 years, Dr. Manette is weak. Years later, French emigre' Darnay marries Lucy, but as the fires of revolution sweep across France, all three return to Paris, where they are caught up in the chaos of a fearful rebellion.
This Progeny Press study guide includes features about:
- the author.
- Vocabulary, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Literary Techniques such as: Synonym, mood, setting, foreshadowing, metaphor, simile, tone, in-context, verbal irony, hyperbole, allusion, irony, contrast, antonym, personification, point of view, parallels, and theme.
- Concepts such as: suffering, sin, tradition, reputation, trust, redemption, authority, personal worth, success, revenge, character, and judgmentalism.
- Activities/Writing: Three Estates, French taxation pre-revolution, French Revolution, politics, maps, compare/contrast, war, history, mottoes, and heroic fates.
- A living reading list by the same author and other books like Tale of Two Cities
The format is ideal for homeschoolers; the large 8.5x11 printed workbook format is convenient to read, easy on the eyes, and easy to transport from car to home. Plus, every question has plenty of whitespace for student's answers, which encourages neat and clean handwriting practice. A removable answer key is also included for the teacher.
PLEASE NOTE: The novel Tale of Two Cities is required and must be purchased separately.
Setting: England, France, French Revolution, 1780s-1790s
|Title: A Tale of Two Cities Progeny Press Study Guide, Grades 9-12|
By: Jeannie Buchholz
Number of Pages: 94
Vendor: Progeny Press
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 X 0.25 (inches)|
Weight: 8 ounces
Stock No: WW093846
Charles DickensDover Publications / 1999 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$4.994.5 out of 5 stars for A Tale of Two Cities. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$6.00Save 17% ($1.01)
Charles DickensEDCON Publishing Group / 2008 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$9.14
Retail Price$11.99Save 24% ($2.85)
Charles DickensWordsworth Editions / Trade PaperbackOur Price$6.49
Retail Price$6.99Save 7% ($0.50)
Progeny Press / Compact discOur Price$23.39
Retail Price$27.99Save 16% ($4.60)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.