Church on the Couch: Does the Church Need Therapy? - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Though most church leaders crave authenticity in their congregations, most also know it is an elusive goal. People by nature are self-protective. And although the gospel message that we are all sinners saved by grace ought to make people more real, the truth is many of our churches are plagued by fakeness. This inauthenticity hinders spiritual and emotional health and maturity. So whats a church leader to do?The key, says Elaine Hamilton, is to go beyond talking about doing things differently. We have to act and live differently. It begins with leaders; the people will follow. We need to tell the truth about who we really are, and then provide forums for others to do the same. Church on the Couch helps you take practical steps toward changing the culture of your church. As the masks come off, the healing and growth will begin.
Elaine Hamilton (MA, Bethel Seminary) is a licensed marriage and family therapist at Family Consultation Service in San Diego, California. She is a speaker at womens and marriage retreats and has previously worked in youth ministry. She is the author of Come With Me: An invitation to Break Down the Wall between You and God (coauthored with Kathy Escobar) and Leave the Mud and Learn to Soar: A Workbook for Women Who Want to Get Unstuck in Their Relationship with God and Others.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry