Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- Provides a common-sense approach to creating a multi-ethnic Christian community
- Includes practical ministry models and real stories of people who are members of thriving multi-ethnic congregations
- Author is acclaimed African-American thought leader who planted and led a multi-ethnic churches of close to 1,000 and now leads a regional division of a denominational committed to ethnic, multi-ethnic, and missional churches
Number of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Jossey-Bass Leadership Network
Breaking Bread, Breaking Beats: Churches and Hip-Hop - A Basic Guide to Key IssuesThe CERCL Writing CollectiveFortress Press / 2014 / Trade Paperback$14.39 Retail:
$29.00Save 50% ($14.61)
In Pursuit of Great AND Godly Leadership: Tapping the Wisdom of the World for the Kingdom of GodMike BonemJossey-Bass / 2012 / Hardcover$22.46 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews Video
$24.95Save 10% ($2.49)
Missional Communities: The Rise of the Post-Congregational ChurchReggie McNealJossey-Bass / 2011 / Hardcover$17.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews Video
$24.95Save 30% ($7.46)
Efrem Smith, an internationally recognized and innovativeAfrican-American leader, offers a workable plan for connectingtheology, practical ministry models, and real stories of people inmulti-ethnic Christian communities. Using the example of Jesus,Smith develops a theology of multi-ethnic and missional leadership.Embracing urban and ethnic subcultures such as hip-hop, this bookprovides a rich mix of multi-ethnic church development,reconciliation theology, missional church thinking, and Christiancommunity.
- Provides a common-sense approach to creating a multi-ethnicChristian community
- Includes practical ministry models and real stories of peoplewho are members of thriving multi-ethnic congregations
- Author is acclaimed African-American thought leader who plantedand led a multi-ethnic churches of close to 1,000 and now leads aregional division of a denominational committed to ethnic,multi-ethnic, and missional churches
This book is written for anyone wrestling with what it means tobe a Christian in an increasingly multi-ethnic world polarized byclass, politics, and race.
Efrem Smithis an internationally recognized African-Americanleader and highly charismatic speaker. He is the former pastor ofthe Sanctuary Covenant Church and board chair of the SanctuaryCommunity Development Corporation in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He isnow superintendent of the Pacific Southwest Conference of theEvangelical Covenant Church (ECC) denomination, located in Concord,California, and the author of Raising Young Heroes andThe Hip-Hop Church.
Leadership Network, a division of OneHundredX, seeks toaccelerate the impact of 100X leaders. Since 1996, LeadershipNetwork Publications has presented thoroughly researched andpractical concepts from leading thinkers, practitioners, andpioneering churches. www.leadnet.org