Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Of the 56 contributors, thirty of them are new to the series. Reflecting the commentary's international and cross-denominational approach, they come from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, and from a broad diversity of churches, including Anglican, Baptist, Brethren, Methodist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary uses the complete NIV for its English text, but it also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages. Features of the Revised Edition
- Comprehensive Introductions
- Short and Precise Bibliographies
- Deatiled Outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of of sections of Scripture to illumine the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes.
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
Number of Pages: 880
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.20 X 7.50 (inches)|
Series: Expositor's Bible Commentary
Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, Vol. 5 The Minor Prophets, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of SongsJohn H. Walton, David W. Baker, Daniel I. BlockZondervan / 2009 / Hardcover$39.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$59.99Save 34% ($20.50)
Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs: Cornerstone Biblical Commentary, Volume 6Tremper Longman III, Arthur H. KonkelTyndale House / 2006 / Hardcover$22.99 Retail:
$29.99Save 23% ($7.00)
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is the Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies and the chair of the Religious Studies department at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, where he lives with his wife, Alice. He is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.Edwin M. Yamauchi (PhD, Brandeis University) is professor of History Emeritus, Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
Elaine Philips is Professor of Biblical Studies at Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts.
Elmer B. Smick (PhD), The Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning) was professor of Old Testament Languages and Literature at Gordon-conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Chronicles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Chronicles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Esther
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Ezra
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Job
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Nehemiah