- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2018
Series: Home for Christmas
Home for Christmas brings inspiring stories of hope and second chances into the Advent season. Author and pastor Justin Coleman matches real life stories of struggle and triumph to the Advent themes of hope, love, joy, and peace to show how the light of Christmas shines brightly even in hard times. Each chapter lifts up a scripture reflection alongside tales of men and women who reflect on the Advent themes with love and longing.
Throughout each of the four chapters and the accompanying DVD for a small-group experience, Coleman captures the stories of formerly incarcerated men and women as they find work and opportunity through Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles, California. These men and women share their holiday memories and experiences in light of the hope and new life theyve experienced at Homeboy.
Additional components for this four-week study include a comprehensive Leader Guide and a DVD featuring author and pastor Justin Coleman.
Justin Coleman is the Senior Pastor of University United Methodist Church in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. A native of Houston, he is a graduate of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX, and Duke Divinity School in Durham, North Carolina. Rev. Coleman has also served as the Chief Ministry Officer for the United Methodist Publishing House in Nashville, TN, as Lead Pastor of the Gethsemane Campus of St. Lukes United Methodist Church in Houston, TX, at the SMU Wesley Foundation, and in other college and youth ministry settings. His ministry at University UMC includes leading the church as it seeks to transform lives by loving God, serving others, and building Christian community. Rev. Coleman is married to Dr. Chaka Coleman and they have three sons.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Seasonal Studies
- Christmas >> Advent >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Christmas >> Advent >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks
- Christmas >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Christmas >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Christmas >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Christmas >> Download >> Advent
- Christmas >> Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Christmas >> Download >> Books, eBooks & Audio
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Seasonal Studies
- New Release >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- New Release >> Books, eBooks & Audio
- New Release >> Download