Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Songs of the Christmas Story: Traditional Carols That Tell the True Story of Jesus' Birth
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The songs of Christmas provide more than holiday cheer. For hundreds of years, traditional carols have told the true story of Jesus' birth and they have stories of their own to tell! These four children's curriculum lessons share the songs, the stories, and God's plan to send a Rescuer to the world that very first Christmas.
Each lesson weaves together Scripture, biblical context, hands-on experiences, discussion, history, and beloved Christmas songs. There's a little something for everyone! Supplies are kept simple so you can spend time building friendships with kids instead of prepping supplies.
Songs of the Christmas Story lessons also incorporate four kid-focused Christmas carol music videos with fresh musical arrangements that capture the joy and wonder of Jesus' birth.
- Week 1: God's Got a Plan: Isaiah Talks About a Savior King (Isaiah 9:2-7) Song: Joy to the World
- Week 2: God's Plan Is Surprising: Jesus Is Born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:1-7)Song: Silent Night
- Week 3: God's Plan Is for Everyone: The Angels Visit the Shepherds (Luke 2:8-14) Songs: Angels We Have Heard on High
- Week 4: God's Plan Is Something to Celebrate: The Shepherds Tell About Jesus' Birth (Luke 2:14-20) Song: O Come, All Ye Faithful
Number of Pages: 52
Vendor: Group Publishing
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 10.88 X 8.38 X 0.25 (inches)|
One Starry Night--Christmas Event Kit, RevisedGroup Publishing / 2016 / Other$66.99 Retail:
$72.99Save 8% ($6.00)
This four-week curriculum reintroduces kids to the story of Christmas through these beloved carols. Each interactive lesson reveals Gods plan: Jesus!
Kids will explore song lyrics and discover surprising stories behind these carols. What psalm inspired "Joy to the World"? What does a broken organ have to do with "Silent Night"? Youll uncover answers to these questions and more!
This versatile 4-Week Lesson Pack includes…
• 4 complete, Bible-based lessons
• 4 "Take It Home" family pages
• 4 NEW Christmas music videos
Plus, a DOWNLOADABLE Graphics Pack with the following:
• promotional poster (11x17)
• editable bulletin insert
• slides (for lesson notes or points)
• email header
• Facebook | Instagram | Twitter images
Joy to the World!
Week 1: God has a plan.
Isaiah Talks About a Savior King (Isaiah 9:2-7)
Week 2: Gods plan is surprising.
Jesus Is Born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:1-7)
Angels We Have Heard on High
Week 3: Gods plan is for everyone.
The Angels Visit the Shepherds (Luke 2:8-14)
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Week 4: Gods plan is something to celebrate.
The Shepherds Tell About Jesus Birth (Luke 2:14-20)
Perfect for mixed-age classes of elementary kids.