Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- Provides weekly Advent reading
- Looks at spiritual gifts that bring hope, peace, joy, and love to family, community, and world
- Challenges people to rethink the gifts they ask for and give during the Advent and Christmas seasons
- Leaders and participants work from the same book
- Includes Scripture and excerpts drawing from James W. Moore's experiences as a pastor, speaker, and church leader
- Provides commentary and questions for reflection and discussion
- Includes worship experiences appropriate for the season
Number of Pages: 64
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 7.50 X 4.00 (inches)|
Christmas Gifts That Won't Break: An Advent Study for AdultsJames W. MooreAbingdon Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)
What are the Christmas gifts that wont break? They are those gifts that cannot be lost, that never go out of style, and that are independent of the chances and changes of life. They are the gifts that have been graciously given by God.
Designed to be used in conjunction with the Adult and Children's versions in an all-church Advent study, this study will focus on four of those gifts that also coincide with the four outer candles of the traditional Advent wreath:
Order one book for each youth in your class, plus a book for each leader. You may also want to order an extra book so youth visiting your class during the Advent season can participate. During this 4-week study, youth will receive from God and pass on to others "Christmas Gifts That Wont Break!"
ValerieAge: 45-54Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Great youth study for Christmas focusApril 22, 2011ValerieAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4We used this study in a Sunday school setting, so we didn't use the advent readings, but the study itself was a wonderful study to help us focus on Jesus and the gifts He gave us for Christmas. We also did one of the recommended projects as a Sunday school class--throwing a party for the younger girls.
ReneeWest Seneca, NYAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Good for my studentsDecember 4, 2010ReneeWest Seneca, NYAge: 45-54Gender: femaleI teach 7th grade at my church sunday school and was looking for something to teach them about advent. This is a great book. It was great for discussions and brought out things I never new about them. Sometimes advent is lost with everything else going on at this time of year. I do not want my children to miss this important time of year.