What Christians Can Learn from Other Religions: - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2014
Examining other religions provides Christians the opportunity to more deeply understand their own beliefs. Learning about other religions is not the same as learning from other religions, which can have great value to Christians who wish to strengthen their faith. In this book's ten easy-to-read chapters, Wogaman shows readers what Christians can learn from different religions, such as Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and even from atheism. From these religions Christians can achieve insight into love, sin, ritual, the importance of myth to convey truth, the foundational roots of Christianity, the dark side of Christian history, and many other important ways to see and interpret the world and to understand God. The book concludes with a chapter on what other religions can learn from Christianity. Perfect for church study groups, each chapter ends with questions for discussion.
J. Philip Wogaman is former Senior Minister at Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington, D.C., past President of the Interfaith Alliance, and Professor Emeritus of Christina Ethics at Wesley Theological Seminary. He is the author of over eighteen books, including Faith and Fragmentation: Reflections on the Future of Christianity, From the Eye of the Storm: A Pastor to the President Speaks Out, and Moral Dilemmas: An Introduction to Christian Ethics.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions