Christian's Great Interest. In Two Parts. - eBook
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
Second Peter 1:10 says Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. So how can Christians really know they are saved? Scottish Presbyterian minister William Guthrie asked this question in the 17th century, and wrote his only work, The Christian's Great Interest, in order to answer it. This work is an assurance of salvation aimed at helping believers make [their] calling and election sure. The book is written with typical Puritan language and may be challenging in style for some readers, but Guthrie is highly logical and methodical in is writing, fully explaining each point and moving gracefully form one to the next. Guthrie is aware that some readers aren't versed in Christianity, so he is always sure to explain basic themes for the sake of those more ignorant. Ultimately, this comforting work confirms salvation and inspires Christians to be sure of their faith. It is sure to console any who have doubted. -Abby Zwart, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality