- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The first section of the book surveys fundamental issues that bear on the notion of Christian intellectual community. Topics covered include the Word as ground of community, Christian interdisciplinarity, and the changing face of the global Christian church. The second considers a range of practices integral both to understanding and to realizing the ideal of a Christian academic community. Topics covered include the nature of doubt and delight, the difference between Christian hospitality and secular tolerance, and the importance of moral imagination. An introduction by the editors provocatively interprets the cumulative significance of the chapters and stipulates a fresh view of Christian learning.
Contributors include Richard B. Hays, Jean Bethke Elshtain, John C. Polkinghorne, Joel A. Carpenter, David Lyle Jeffrey, Susan M. Felch, Aurelie A. Hagstrom, Steven R. Harmon, Daniel Russ, Mark L. Sargent, and Daniel H. Williams.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2006
This book explores the role reflective Christian faith can play in unifying the intellectual life of the university. Contributors including Jean Bethke Elshtain, Richard Hays, John Polkinghorne, Joel Carpenter, and David Lyle Jeffrey analyze the character and practices of an ideal Christian intellectual community.
Michael D. Beaty (PhD, University of Notre Dame) is professor of philosophy and vice provost for faculty development at Baylor University. He previously served as the director of Baylor's Institute for Faith and Learning.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> Secular Religious Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Education
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Education
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Philosophy
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Education