Rose Bible Basics: Christianity, Cults & Religions - know what you believe and whyChristianity, Cults & Religions
contains a side-by-side comparison of more than 40 world religions, cults and sects. Christianity, Cults & Religions
is a well-researched introduction on comparative religions from a Christian viewpoint and will help you understand the teachings of Jesus and the Bible as well as learn the differences between other groups and beliefs. This is an excellent resource for people who have friends, coworkers, and neighbors of other faiths. Christianity, Cults & Religions takes a close look at the following groups:
- Theravada (path of the elders)
- Mahayana (greater vehicle)
- Vajrayana (diamond vehicle)
- Christian Science
- Eastern Mysticism
- Hare Krishna
- Shaivism (theistic rather than impersonalistic
- Shaktism (devotion to Shakti or the divine mother)
- Vaishnavism (worship of Vishnu)
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Mormonism (Latter-day Saints or Mormons)
- Nation of Islam
- New Age Movement
- Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
- Scientology (Dianetics)
- Sikhism (combining Hinduism with Islam)
- Healthy, Happy, Holy (3HO)
- Radha Soami (Eckankar and MSIA Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness)
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon)
- Unity School
Christianity, Cults & Religions is a combination of seven very popular pamphlets:
- Founder, Date, Location
- Authoritative Writings
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What happens after death?
- How does one gain Salvation?
- Other beliefs and practices
Christianity, Cults & Religions
- Christianity, Cults & Religions
- Christianity, Cults & the Occult
- Christianity & Eastern Religions
- Islam & Christianity
- 10 Questions and Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses
- 10 Questions and Answers on Mormonism
- 10 Keys to Witnessing to Cults
helps clarify the differences between various religions, cults, and religious movements and makes a great study guide for small groups, personal study, or Sunday school classes.
Also available for Kindle
and for iPhone/smartphones.Christianity, Cults and Religions
general editor Paul Carden is a longtime specialist in the field of cults and new religions around the world. Mr. Carden is Executive Director of the Centers for Apologetics Research (CFAR), and he has devoted nearly 30 years of his life to cult-related research and outreach in Latin America, Africa, eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Paul's articles have appeared in such publications as Evangelical Missions Quarterly
, East-West Church and Ministry Report
, International Journal of Frontier Missions
, and World Pulse
. He has served on the editorial board of the Cultic Studies Review
and is contributing editor of the weekly Apologia Report
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.