Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 379
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.30 X 7.80 X 1.07 (inches)|
- Written for beginners to this subject, and assumes no knowledgeof Christian beliefs or practices.
- Includes an introduction to biblical sources and discussion ofthe central figure of Jesus.
- Features comprehensive discussions of Christian theology, thehistory of Christianity from its origins to the present day, andChristianity in the modern world.
- Increases coverage of contemporary issues, the Catholicperspective, non-Western Christianity, globalization andwomen
- Contains accessible and student-friendly features, includingnumerous illustrations, suggestions for further reading, a glossaryof Christian terms, and brief readings from illustrative Christiansources.
“McGrath’s Introduction to Christianity is thefinest text of its kind available. It is encyclopaedic in scope,reliable and quite accessible to the non-specialist. McGrath notonly discusses the pivotal events and major figures one wouldexpect in such a work, he portrays Christianity as a dynamic livingtradition, growing, adapting, struggling, and through it all,thriving.
I have with success used the book as a student text and also formy own preparation in other courses. In this second edition, analready solid resource is made even more valuable.” David L.Johns, Earlham School of Religion