Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 379
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.30 X 7.80 X 1.07 (inches)|
- Written for beginners to this subject, and assumes no knowledge of Christian beliefs or practices.
- Includes an introduction to biblical sources and discussion of the central figure of Jesus.
- Features comprehensive discussions of Christian theology, the history of Christianity from its origins to the present day, and Christianity in the modern world.
- Increases coverage of contemporary issues, the Catholic perspective, non-Western Christianity, globalization and women
- Contains accessible and student-friendly features, including numerous illustrations, suggestions for further reading, a glossary of Christian terms, and brief readings from illustrative Christian sources.
“McGrath’s Introduction to Christianity is the finest text of its kind available. It is encyclopaedic in scope, reliable and quite accessible to the non-specialist. McGrath not only discusses the pivotal events and major figures one would expect in such a work, he portrays Christianity as a dynamic living tradition, growing, adapting, struggling, and through it all, thriving.
I have with success used the book as a student text and also for my own preparation in other courses. In this second edition, an already solid resource is made even more valuable.” David L. Johns, Earlham School of Religion