Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Christians are faced with the same range of problems as everyone else. However, Christian therapists understand deeply the unique issues involved with their therapy. The Christian Therapist's Notebook is a single source for innovative, user-friendly techniques for connecting the everyday world of the client with Christian principles and Scripture. This creative, timesaving guide assists therapists in helping clients achieve therapy goals through professionally sound and principled exercises while always maintaining a positive, supportive connection with Christian beliefs. Helpful features include Scripture references relevant to common problems, case studies, vignettes, professional resource lists, client resource lists, in-session exercises, homework exercises, and handouts.
Number of Pages: 334
Vendor: Haworth Press
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 10.70 X 8.40 X 8.00 (inches)|
The Therapist's Notebook for Integrating Spirituality in CounselingHaworth Press / Other, N/A$69.94
The Therapist's Notebook for Integrating Spirituality in Counseling IIHaworth Press / Trade Paperback$55.95
Pastoral Care of Depression: Helping Clients Heal Their Relationship with GodGlendon MoriartyHaworth Press / 2006 / Trade Paperback$28.99 Retail:
$46.95Save 38% ($17.96)
The Christian Therapists Notebook exercises include:
- A New Creation, which uses a Christogram to personalize the biblical promises and truths of the spiritual transformation
- Snapshots, which reveals repetitive behavior patterns in relationships
- Core Connections, which helps the client explore the organization of relational core connections to other people as well as to God
- Temptation Judo, which explores the connection between temptation and needs while uncovering Gods promise of escape
- Broken Mirrors, which identifies unresolved issues affecting self-image and moves the client to a personal relationship with God
- The Book of My Life, which helps identify situations and people that have had an impact on clients, while helping them to acknowledge that God has a plan for them
- Tearing Down Strongholds, which helps take the client through the process of repentance
- It Was Wrong, which helps abuse victims deal with pain and frustration
- Bowing Down, which helps to restore a healthy relationship
- Panic Breaker, which helps get to the root of client fears
- Parenting after Divorce
- Self-esteem, which helps children with self-concept
- and many, many more!
The Christian Therapists Notebook is the answer for practicing therapists, counselors, interns, pastors, educators, and students searching for activities for client therapy based upon the truth of God.
Rev. Dr. Meg Bellows5 Stars Out Of 5June 16, 2008Rev. Dr. Meg BellowsAs a Pastor and a Counselor, I have found this notebook to be a great help in my practice. The exercises are varied, with clear instruction and a definite Christian base. The contents are conveniently grouped for the various ages and stages of life, as well as individuals verses couples and groups. I have used several of the exercise with great success. I feel confident this resource would be of great value to any Christian-based counseling ministry.
Brian Neal5 Stars Out Of 5June 15, 2007Brian NealAwesome resource! So many times we find ourselves in a session and do not have the right intervention enable real healing to progress. Now we have such a tool. This book is loaded with real activities and exercises you can use with a wide variety of clients.
Cathi C. Stegall5 Stars Out Of 5May 24, 2007Cathi C. StegallA FANTASTIC resource...the contributors use their education, experience and skills to make this helpful, user-friendly book the perfect tool for professionals, pastors, social workers and lay leaders to use in practical integration in Christian Counseling.