- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
|Publication Date: 2009|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
How we can help our kids deal with the temptations of sex.
While the topic of teens and sex may make you squirm, please hang in there for the sake of young person you know and love. For as Jennifer Parker warns, Peer pressure, physical longings and conflicting signals from secular voices, mixed with fear and curiosity, can make any teen vulnerable to temptation. And as much as we would like to believe that Christian teens are immune to sexual pressure, the evidence suggests that some teens need more support from Christian adults like us. So let s talk about how to prepare them to Just Say No when sexual temptation calls.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 6:13b, 18 20; 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 4; Proverbs 5:18, 19; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Galatians 5:22; Titus 2:2 6
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: God intended sex to be more than physical.
--Teaching point two: The Spirit-powered life exhibits self-control.
--Teaching point three: God offers forgiveness and a new start if teens (or their parents) have already blown it.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIAN READER
The Sex Lives of Christian Teens, by Jennifer M. Parker ( 2003)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Parenting
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Studies