- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
This eight-session video-based bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), join pastor and bestselling Andy Stanley as he examines the characteristics Jesus used to define those who follow him and the implications they have for believers today.
In Christian, youll learn:
- What one word should be descriptive of every Christian
- How Jesus followers should treat those who are outside the faith
- Why people love Jesus but cant stand his followers
What does is mean to be Christian? Curiously, the term is never used in Scripture. Instead, Christian was a label used by outsiders to define Jesus followers. Jesus referenced disciple as the key word he used to describe his supporters along with the fact that they would be known for their love a novel concept for their time and ours today.
Through eight engaging and enlightening sessions, Andy Stanley unpacks these qualities Jesus prescribes for his followers that made them unique. What if believers today embodied these traits? Would the non-believing world put aside its definition of Christian and instead know us by our love?
- Brand Recognition
- Insiders, Outsiders
- Showing Up
- When Gracie Met Truthy
- Angry Birds
- Working It Out
Designed for use with the Christian Video Study 9780310693352 (sold separately).
Communicator, author, and pastor Andy Stanley founded Atlanta-based North Point Ministries in 1995. Today, NPM consists of six churches in the Atlanta area and a network of more than 50 churches around the globe that collectively serve nearly 90,000 people weekly. As host of Your Move with Andy Stanley, which delivers over six million messages each month through television and podcasts, and author of more than 20 books, including The New Rules for Love, Sex & Dating; Ask It; How to Be Rich; Deep & Wide; Visioneering; and Next Generation Leader, he is considered one of the most influential pastors in America. Andy and his wife, Sandra, have three grown children and live near Atlanta.
lollipop5 Stars Out Of 5Thought provoking for anyone interested in Spiritual mattersNovember 26, 2014lollipopQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We are presently using this 8 part DVD series with the parents of our Club DJ kids. The idea was to provide an opportunity to explore spiritual matters with a group of "non churched" adults. It took some time to earn their trust first and encourage them to come on into our church building not just to drop off their children but to stay awhile. With coffee and snack in hand they slowly decided to explore this opportunity.
The cool thing is that they really appreciate Andy Stanley's style, humor and content. Lots of questions and discussion and a wonderful time of getting to know one another.
We also showed the introduction to our regular Sunday attenders and they were also very keen to see more and because we are presently out of a pastor, it has been suggested to run this series as "pulpit supply".
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Love
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Love
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources