- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2005
Hans Rookmaaker's impact on the arts in the twentieth century was enormous. His wide range of intellectual and cultural concerns led him to explore many aspects of art, music, and philosophy during his lifetime, and he made important contributions as an art historian, professor, mentor, thinker, and author.
Laurel Gasque examines Rookmaaker's life and shows how he incorporated his biblical beliefs into his teaching, writing, and interaction with the arts and individuals. She also explores the development of Rookmaaker's friendship with Francis A. Schaeffer and how each influenced the other, especially in grasping the vision that became L'Abri Fellowship.
Gasque has rich material to draw from, including personal memories of her mentor and friend, conversations with Rookmaaker's family members, and the body of work he left behind. Her careful research and engaging writing style make this book an outstanding contribution to the world of Christian biography.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Art & Architecture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Art & Architecture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Art & Architecture
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction